Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Brookdale Senior Living has worked hard to help keep residents and associates as safe as possible and to provide information people need to know to reduce their personal risk as much as possible.
As part of this informational program, Brookdale has produced a series of video clips with a leading expert, Dr. David Aronoff, MD, FIDSA, FAAM. Dr. Aronoff is the Director of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN.
Click here to see the complete 51:00 minute interview Dr. Aronoff participated in with Brookdale’s President and CEO, Cindy Baier, and Brookdale’s EVP & President of Senior Living Community Operations, Cindy R. Kent.
Click on any of the excerpts below to see featured highlights from Dr. Aronoff’s discussion.
- Why is it important for people to get the vaccine?
- Can you elaborate further on the virus being “more contagious”?
- Should people be concerned about the speed at which the COVID-19 vaccines have been developed?
- Is it okay for people to continue asking questions about COVID-19 vaccination and why do precautions continue to be necessary?
- If I’m vaccinated, why do I need to wear a mask and take other precautions?
- What are your thoughts on vaccine mandates?
- Would vaccination be so important if COVID-19 caused less illness?
- What is your experience with vaccine hesitancy within minority communities?
- Why is it important not to blame any person or group for the state of the pandemic?
- Can you explain the effectiveness rates of the vaccines and why it is still important to get vaccinated?
- What context can you provide on how serious the COVID-19 pandemic is?
- Are vaccines the best tool right now for ending the pandemic?